International Conference Izmir, Turkey, October 11, 2018
We are delighted to announce that this fall an international conference dedicated to the topic of Corporate Governance will be organized by Virtus Global Center for Corporate Governance in cooperation with Yasar University in Izmir, Turkey.
The conference will take place at Yasar University (Izmir, Turkey) on October 11, 2018.
Prof. Alex Kostyuk and Prof. Dilvin Taskin will co-chair of the conference.
The key information about the conference is available here.
The forthcoming conference is a platform for sharing ideas on new trends that are currently shaping the concept of modern corporate governance. The event will focus on a variety of crucial issues of corporate governance, i.e. earnings management, corporate control, audit, executive compensation, financial reporting, disclosure and transparency issues, shareholder rights, executive compensation, etc. The main goal of the conference is to investigate new perspectives and challenges of corporate governance and outline possible scenarios of its development.
- Ownership structure
- Mergers, acquisitions, restructuring
- Bankruptcy, liquidation procedures
- Corporate social responsibility and compliance
- Disclosure and transparency issues
- Corporate governance in family firms
- Corporate governance in financial institutions
- Corporate control
- Earnings management
- Managerial incentives
- Payout/dividend policy
- Financial reporting
- Board of directors’ practices
- Shareholders’ rights
- Shareholder activism
- Corporate political involvement and corporate governance
- Corruption, corporate governance and firm performance
- Corporate governance and firm performance
- Corporate Governance and performance of family firms
- Corporate governance and performance of the global firms
- International and comparative corporate governance
- Executive compensation
We invite the submission of theoretical and empirical studies that advance the understanding of the areas mentioned above. Please submit the abstract of the paper (200 words), include the title and affiliation.
Deadline for an extended abstract submission: August 1, 2018
Deadline for notification of authors of accepted extended abstracts: September 1, 2018
Please submit an abstract of the paper (200 words), including the title and affiliation by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or contact member of the organising committee directly:
Elizaveta Kravchenko - email@example.com or Polina Bahmetenko - firstname.lastname@example.org