Getting your research published in journals: exploring the recent world trends and disclosing the major formal and informal rules
It is obviously that researchers are concerned very much how to make the research results public. Recently, conferences, research workshops, seminars give a chance to the researchers to succeed in this way. At the same time, publishing the research results as a paper is still a most powerful tool to promote the researchers and research results. The world of publishing is the world with basic standards, so called “rules in written” and researchers should know these rules. At the same time there are many rules which are rather informal and many researchers are not familiar with them. This concerns younger researchers, PhD researchers in particular, as well as experienced because the world of scientific journals publishing is changing dramatically.
The course “Getting your research published in journals: exploring the recent world trends and disclosing the major formal and informal rules” is about how to have the up-to-date knowledge in the field of economic journal publishing to let the younger and experienced researchers succeed in publishing their papers in the reputable journals. For example, PhD students will benefit from this course absolutely in the way of having very certain recommendations how to make the process of submission of the papers successful. The course will give info how to choose the appropriate journals for submitting the paper, how to identify the criteria of well-matching journal, how to measure the reputation of the journal. The details of the process of paper submission will be delivered the course attendees too. And, the most shadowed issue called as “paper reviewing process” will be disclosed too.
The course will be based on the thirteen-year experience in publishing of Professor Alex Kostyuk, Editor-in-Chief of international referred journals Corporate Ownership and Control, Risk Governance and Control, Corporate Board, journal of Governance and Regulation. The course will be run with assistance of Yaroslav Mozghoviy, Dmitriy Govorun and Yulia Lapina, who are talented secretaries of the Editorial Boards of the above mentioned journals. Formal appreciation and evaluation of your participation in the course will be made through granting you a certificate signed by Professor Alex Kostyuk.
The course prescribes three seminars where we will present you the details overview of the above mentioned issues. At the last, fourth, seminar the course instructors will answer your questions concerning your recent publishing outlooks.
We especially invite to attend the course all those researchers who have research expertise in corporate governance, including board of directors, executive compensation, ownership, corporate control, shareholders’ rights, financial reporting, accounting, auditing, corporate social responsibility, stock market, dividend policy, risk management, investments, banking regulation and some others because the course instructor is experienced especially in publishing and editing the journals publishing the above mentioned research results.
A course: “Getting your research published in journals: exploring the recent world trends and disclosing the major formal and informal rules”
How to explore the web for the journals in the field and choose an appropriate journal
- Criteria of the appropriate journal; Editorial board analysis; ranking the journals; the journal indexing; the journal abstracting; abstracting and indexing with SCOPUS, ProQuest, EconLit, IBSS, etc.; open-access to the journals; reputation of the journal
Paper submission and reviewing process
- submission/acceptance fees; method of submission (online to the Editor, online into the automatic system);nature of blind reviewing; the role of Editor-in-Chief in reviewing the papers; the role of the editorial board; the role of external editors; timing of the process of reviewing; methods of the Editor’s feedback (reviewers’ comments in written and full, or in brief, or just a “table of paper evaluation”)
How to make your paper more cited after publishing?
- Overview of the roles of SCOPUS, EconLin, IBSS and other databases; the policies and tools of the journals to make your paper more cited; the roles of the institutional (including university) repositories; journal copyrights and authors’ approaches to make the paper more cited after publishing
A group discussion and resolving the recent queries about publishing the papers of the seminar participants
- Are not you sure what journal is more appropriate to submit your paper? Is the journal reputable or not? How to compare the journals’ reputation and background? What to expect from the journal chosen in the context of reviewing process? How to make your paper more cited after publishing? We will answer all above questions going to tailor our advices to your recent research needs.
Venue: ISTEC, Paris
Date & time: May 20, 2015; 9:00-13:00
Registration deadline: May 10, 2015
- Professor Alex Kostyuk, PhD, DBA, Director at the Publishing house "Virtus Interpress", Editor-in-Chief: Corporate Ownership and Control, Corporate Board, Risk Governance and Control, Journal of Governance and Regulation.
- Yaroslav Mozghovyi, PhD, Member of the Virtus Global Center for Corporate Governance, Secretary of the Board: Journal of Governance and Regulation;
- Yulia Lapina, Member of the Virtus Global Center for Corporate Governance, Secretary of the Board: Corporate Ownership and Control journal.
Organizers: ISTEC, Virtus Interpress, International Center for Banking and Corporate Governance, Virtus Global Centre for Corporate Governance.
For registration, fees and questions please contact Yaroslav Mozghovyi at: mozghovyi[at]virtusinterpress.org