Article processing charge
Article processing charge (APC)
In publishing our journal we adhere to the best practices of the scholarly publication. We propose the authors to publish their papers with two models: delayed and immediate open access. During the review process, the authors receive a feedback on their papers from the peer reviewers and have an opportunity to make their manuscripts better even if they decide to publish it elsewhere. Our reviewers and editors are completely independent in terms of making the decision on acceptance or rejection of the articles and are driven solely by the academic quality of the manuscripts.
When the paper is accepted for publication and the authors decide to proceed with publishing their paper in the journal, certain costs occur. For example, when a manuscript is submitted, it is processed through the many different teams at Virtus Interpress:
- The editorial screening team, who perform initial technical and ethical checks (including Editors and Editorial Assistants).
- The executive editorial team, responsible for coordinating the review process with the journal’s Editorial Board and external
- The editorial quality assurance team, responsible for a final check to ensure that the manuscript and its review process meet the journal’s
policies and specific guidelines before paper acceptance.
- The production team, converting the manuscript to a journal style typeset paper.
- The proofing team, managing the proofing process.
- The indexing and archiving team, managing with relevant index and archiving services related to the particular journal.
- The support team, involved in answering any questions throughout the publishing.
All teams, mentioned above, work with our marketing, communications, and technical personnel to ensure your article receives the
appropriate attention. We offer the authors and their institutions to cover the cost of publication of the manuscripts by transferring the APC. Part of the APC is reinvested into the technical systems that support these services to meet the expectations of authors, reviewers, readers and other stakeholders.
The author of accepted papers will be asked to pay the article processing charge choosing one of two options.
The first APC option is EURO 440 for delayed open access option (one year embargo period). It means that the paper will be open-accessed at the website of the Publisher in a year after its publication. The term of publication the paper after its acceptance in the journal by this option is up to 5 months.
The second APC option is EURO 670 for immediate open access option. It means that the paper will be open-accessed at the website of the Publisher immediately after its publication. By this option, the paper will be published at the website of the journal within 2 weeks after its acceptance: the period that will be provided to the author to approve the layout of the paper before publication.
Amount: 440 EUR
Amount: 670 EUR